19 March 2013

Inspiration

I thought I would dedicate this post to some of the things that are inspiring me right now!


First of all, I love the podcast, The Splendid Table, with Lynne Rossetto Kasper, and there was a really interesting segment on the 3/1/13 podcast, "Dinner with Churchill," where Lynne had on a photographer who photographed refrigerator interiors.  So interesting!

Another newfound inspiration of mine is my good friend, Katie's, blog.  She recently moved to the area and started teaching some classes at my yoga studio and that's where we met!  She's vegan, a total foodie and super, super sweet.  I love bouncing food ideas off of her, perusing her blog and chatting about yummies!!!

Ashley's blog is another of my favorites.  I REALLY want to make this.

And this??!  Are you kidding me?  Can someone make this for me please?  ...and serve it on this plate please?

Aside from my food inspirations, I am also inspired by a lot of artists.  I earned a B.F.A. in Art and Design, and during my schooling I learned about hundreds of artists.  Certain ones stuck with me and continue to inspire me.  Some of my favorites are Henri Matisse, Maurice PrendergastFrida KahloRomare BeardenKara Walker, M. SasekHannah Höch, Joyce KozloffJane Hammond and Joseph Cornell.

Alright, well that's all for tonight.  Wishing my loyal readers a happy, healthy Wednesday.  If you're in Michigan, stay warm!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh thanks for sharing all of this inspiration! everything looks so great, I can't wait to peruse all of these blogs more! The podcast sounds great too. I'm such a fan of podcasts so I'll definitely check it out :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome--hope you got a chance to check some of the links out :) Have you had a chance to listen to the Splendid Table yet?

      Delete